Smoothies!!! I love smoothies and my love for these wonderful nutrient packed drinks of freshness and taste keeps growing stronger day by day;) My family and friends can attest to this…it’s that bad that I don’t joke with my bananas…you can eat up anything else in my fridge. ..but please don’t eat up all my bananas…It’s that bad…ask my roommate…lol.
Since I enjoy smoothies so much, I’m always looking for new recipes and combinations of fruits and vegetables.Today’s smoothie recipe came about thanks to my recent tooth extraction.Tooth pain is really one of the worst ever. Since I could have only liquids and semi solids for a while, it wasn’t hard for me to accept my fate, after all I had an excuse to have smoothies three times a day;)
This recipe is a combination of freshness and silky smoothness: banana, avocado,spinach leaves,maple syrup/honey, and almond seeds/powder.It’s packed with nutrients and anti-oxidants and great for the skin and hair. The maple syrup and almond also add extra flavour and taste to it.
I also recommend this for children as well, it’s a great way to get them to have their nutrients ,they won’t even notice the spinach taste thanks to the other ingredients in the mix.
Enjoy the recipe and don’t forget to try out the other ones on the blog.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3-5 fresh spinach leaves or efo leaves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons almond powder or flakes
- 1 cup of cold water
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender in this order: water, maple syrup, almond flakes, avocado, banana, and spinach leaves.
- Blend on high speed for 30 to 45 seconds or until or check for smoothness with a spoon.
- Garnish with almond flakes and serve immediately.
OTHER SMOOTHIE RECIPES YOU CAN TRY