Cantaloupe Strawberry Salad with cucumber, mint, and a honey-lemon or lime dressing.
Hi guys, so here is another meal to add to your list of healthy and easy to make dishes. It is a fruit salad recipe which I found in one of my cookbooks ( and I adjusted to my taste), and I really love it; especially the home-made dressing that comes with it.I tried it at a friend’s event for the first time and the reviews were good. Thank God. So I can now vouch for this recipe. One thing I love about this fruit salad is that the sweetness of the cantaloupe and the tangy taste of the strawberries complement each other quite well. Might I add, the fresh mint is an absolute must have in this recipe, this was my first time ever to use mint in a recipe of mine; I don’t even think I had ever had anything with fresh mint before this. I’m definitely going to start using mint in some of my recipes.But if you can’t get fresh mint, you can try dill as well.N:B; You can try it without the cucumbers, it still turns out great. Enjoy.
Guys, if you are living in Nigeria, you can find fresh healthy looking strawberries (emphasis on fresh and healthy looking) in SHOPRITE,I found some in the one located in the Ikeja City Mall, for about 800 naira a pack.I know we don’t have cantaloupes in Nigeria, but you can replace the cantaloupes with pawpaw instead.I hope this helps
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup,sliced cucumbers, optional
- 1/4 cup, chopped fresh mint or basil/scent leaf
- 1/4 cup. fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tsp, seeded and minced scotch bonnet or jalapeno peppers, very optional,lol
- Combine the cantaloupe, strawberries, cucumbers and mint; Season with salt and black pepper
- Whisk together lemon juice, honey, salt, and hot pepper.Season with salt
- Toss salad dressing with fruit to coat.Chill in fridge for about 5 to 10 minutes