Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Porridge is another recipe that I created and this was motivated by my undying love for oatmeal. Honestly, oatmeal is one of those foods that you can’t go wrong with; apart from the fact that it’s quite healthy, it’s also convenient and easy to prepare. I also love the idea that you can pair it with so many things like my Mango Coconut Oatmeal Porridge. I try as much as possible to switch my oatmeal toppings and ingredients so that I have variety, but I never get tired of eating oatmeal.
This entire oatmeal porridge meal is quite healthy as it combines cocoa powder and banana which are packed with nutrients. The chocolate powder gives the porridge a rich luxurious taste and pairs well with the sweetness from the banana.
This oatmeal porridge is nutritious, easy to make and best of all yummy for the belly. Oh and before I forget, kids absolutely love this.
NOTE TO READER: For this recipe ratio, 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder is fine as well, but I prefer 2 because my porridge comes out with a much richer chocolatey look and taste. Anything more than 2 tablespoons might give your porridge a bit of a strong taste that you might not like If you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal
Meal time: Breakfast
CHOCOLATE BANANA OATMEAL PORRIDGE RECIPE
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups water or liquid milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 heaped tablespoons powdered milk, if you’re not using liquid milk, add at the end
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1 large banana, sliced
- Chocolate chips, topping
- Add water and stir in oats and cocoa powder into a small saucepan; cook on medium high heat for 8 mins.
- Serve oats in a bowl, Mix in honey or sugar; also mix in powered milk at this point if you didn’t use liquid milk.
- Layer 1/2 banana slices and top with chocolate chips on each one of the 2 plates of porridge.
Enjoy the rich and sweet flavour of this dish.