Happy Valentine guys. I spent my evening in the company of two very adorable young ones;it was lots of fun; especially during dance time. Thanks to my sister’s help, I was also able to get them into bed and off to slumberland.So in memory of my VIPs of last night; here’s my recipe for Valentine dedicated to all the wonderful children in my life; moist,fresh, and easy to bake cupcakes with lovely cream cheese frosting to go with them.Enjoy!!!
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons raisins
- ¾ cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8-ounce bar cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
Making the Cupcakes
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder,baking, soda, cinnamon, salt, and raisins.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, butter, yogurt, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. (Do not overmix)
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean; 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making the Frosting
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla on medium-high speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.Add the sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes and decorate as desired.