Enjoy the blend of cool and exotic in this Mediterranean couscous recipe. This is a healthy, light and easy to prepare dish.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 15 mins
Meal type: Main meal or side dish
Meal time: Anytime
Country/Region: Persian/North African
Misc: Serve cold
- 1 cup couscous
- 1½ -2 cups boiling water or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas
- ½ cucumber (small chunks)
- ¼ red onion (finely diced)
- ½ bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill or parsley
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium sized bowl; mix the couscous and raisins. Pour the boiling water or stock over the mix. Cover with a plate or lid and allow to site for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked couscous-raisin mix with a fork; mix in the onions, bell pepper, cucumber, chickpeas and dill.
- Using a spoon, mix the salt, spices, olive oil, lemon juice, and honey (if being used) in a small bowl or put into a bottle and shake well.
- Pour the dressing mix over the couscous and toss together till well combined
- Cover the salad and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes; serve cold.