Summer is slowly drawing to an end but I am still delving into different drink recipes for the summer and today’s recipe is for one of my favourite summer drinks for the year.
It’s a simple strawberry lemonade that offers refreshing relief from the heat and promises a lot of zingy sweetness as well. Enjoy it as you take time to soak in and enjoy the beautiful summer time we have left.
- 1 cup honey or granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 medium lemons)
- 6 cups cold water
- Adequate ice
- Strawberry slices, for garnish
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- If using sugar; in a small pot, bring sugar and water to a boil. Remove from heat and cool down to room temperature. If using honey, bring water to boil; stir in honey and cool down to room temperature.
- Using a food processor or blender, place strawberries and process/blend until smooth.
- Pour pureed strawberries into the honey or sugar water. Add lemon juice. Stir well.
- In a large jug, combine cold water and strawberry lemon mixture; stir well and add ice.
- Pour into glasses and top with strawberry and lemon slices.
TIP: To You can cool down the honey or sugar water faster by placing it in the fridge.