Hi guys. Happy New Month to you all. Winter is almost over and I ‘m so glad that the frost on my bedroom window is slowly melting away with the rise in temperature, Thank God Spring is almost here, and If you hibernate during the winter months like I do, I am sure you are glad that the days of frost are almost over.
So in a bid to usher in the coming season, I would like to share this salad recipe with you.I learnt this garden salad recipe from a friend; I enjoy making it a lot and find that the vegetable mix goes together very well.Enjoy:)
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Meal type: Salad
Meal time: Anytime
Recipe source: Grace
- 10 whole grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 lettuce leaves (finely sliced)
- 2 red cabbage leaves (finely sliced
- 1/2 a can of sweet corn (drained)
- 1/2 of a firm ripe pear or apple (washed and chopped into chunks)
- a teaspoon of lime or lemon
- Salad dressing of your choice (I used A Thousand Islands for this recipe)
- Combine the tomatoes, lettuce, red cabbage, and sweet corn kernels.
- Then sprinkle the lime or lemon juice on the pear or apple to prevent them from turning colour immediately. Add the chopped fruit to the vegetable mix; stir properly.
Serve cold with salad dressing of your choice
TIP:If you are not ready to serve this salad immediately, you can mix all the vegetables together and then add the fruits once you are ready to serve.