Hi guys, this recipe is a simple but tasty fish recipe I enjoy regularly. There’s really no story behind it; I generally enjoy garlic butter fish and I had a batch of fresh scent leaves in my fridge. So instead of using other fresh herbs like parsley or oregano, I decided to try scent leaves. I was really impressed by the taste and enjoyed the flavour that the herbs gave to the fish. It is really easy and quick to make, one of those recipes you can quickly put together on a day that you don’t have a lot of time on hand.
I had this particular recipe with mashed sweet potatoes and tomato salsa; it was delectable!!!
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Meal type: Entree/Main Course
Meal time: Lunch/Dinner
Country/Region: Nigerian Fusion
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbspn freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 large tilapia fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh scent leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil your baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice and lemon zest; set aside.
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper, to taste and place onto the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with scent leaves, if desired.