Hi guys, today’s recipe is very easy to follow. Please don’t throw away your overripe plantains, because you will need them to make this appetizer or small chop as we call them in Nigeria. Nigerian mosa is very similar to the Nigerian puff puff, and some people actually add yeast to it just like in the puff puff mix. Plantain mosa is another recipe that answers the question; “What do I do with these overripe plantains?”. You don’t have to throw them away. Try the recipe and let me know how it goes. BTW, be creative with this recipe, you can add any spice you want,and even shredded meat pieces.Enjoy, and don’t forget to share your recipe on the blog. Cheers.
NIGERIAN MOSA RECIPE
- 2 overripe plantains
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Salt, to taste
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper/atarodo,optional
- 1/4 onion bulb
- Blender OR Fork
- Frying pan
- Wash the plantain; peel off the skin using a knife.
- Chop the plantain into chunks and blend in a blender with water OR mash with a fork till a good blend is achieved
- Add the salt, pepper,and seasoning; Mix thoroughly with a fork till well incorporated. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil; scoop the batter and form a ball with your thumb and first index finger; drop into the oil.
- Fry the balls unti golden brown all round
Serve with pepper sauce