This is a meatball recipe that I love. It is quite easy to make and the combination of the italian seasoning , the romano cheese bread crumbs and the strawberry jam gives the meatballs just the right combination of savoury and sweet. It is a great appetizer and will really get your guests salivating for the main course.
- 1 -1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small onion (grated or finely chopped)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (grated or finely diced)
- 1 large egg (well beaten)
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used Italian breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4-6 tablespoons jam (I used strawberry jam)
- Salt and pepper (as desired)
- Canola oil or butter
- In a small bowl, combine your grated/finely chopped onions and garlic, italian seasoning, ground beef and bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.Stir the mizture
- Then add your meatballs to the spice mix and make sure you mix the spice into the beef mixture properly
- Shape the ground beef mixture into 1-inch balls and fry with melted butter or canola oil in a large skillet on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes for each side OR coat the meatballs with melted butter or olive oil and broil/grill in your oven for about 5 minutes or until cooked through OR bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in center.
- Melt the jam in a large skillet on low heat, then add the meatballs and toss to coat
- Serve the meatballs as an appetizer or as a side with rice or pasta.