Lemon butter rice…I made it, I tasted it and it was on point. Guys believe me when I say you have to make this rice dish for yourself. As much as I love lemons and keep them as a staple ingredient in my fridge, I was quite skeptical when I discovered that there’s a rice dish that incorporates lemon juice.
However, being the open minded culinary enthusiast that I am, I decided to give it a try and I was elated I did. The dish pairs quite well with seafood, that was why shrimps were my choice of protein for it. I even made it at a recent event and I was quite surprised at the pleasant feedback that I got…seeing that it was a primarily African event, I was surprised to find out that my fellow African brethren were actually open to eating and even complimenting a rice dish which had barely any colour to it and more so was prepared with lemons.
If you want to prove this for yourself, I invite you to please go ahead and make this lemon butter rice dish for yourself. It is so easy to make and takes little prep time, so you don’t have an excuse oh. To the men that follow the blog, I encourage you to surprise the special lady in your life and make this treat for her. She will definitely appreciate the dish and your effort above all.
So, if you’re ready and you know it say where’s the recipe?
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal
Meal time: Lunch or Dinner
LEMON BUTTER RICE RECIPE
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 3 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 seasoning cubes
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper (You can also use any other type of pepper you have)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 pieces of uncooked shrimp (you can also used cooked shrimp, but you will fry it for shorter period of time)
- Water or Chicken/Vegetable Stock for cooking rice
- Season shrimps with 2 garlic cloves, salt and hot pepper. Set aside In fridge.
- Wash rice thoroughly; boil the rice till in plain water or chicken or vegetable stock till soft. Take off the heat and place in a bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice, pepper and 1 seasoning cube into the rice bowl and set aside.
- In a separate pot or pan, heat up the butter and fry the minced garlic. Toss in the seasoned shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes on either side till colour changes to light orange. (If using cooked shrimp, saute for 1 minute).
- Sprinkle the rest of the seasoning cube in the pot with the shrimp and pour in your rice. Stir fry the rice for 1-2 minutes and serve hot.