I absolutely enjoy having banana bread; especially ones that are moist and fluffy. It’s a good thing to know that I don’t have to throw away my over ripe bananas any more. I hope my recipe works for you.
Recipe level: Medium
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes
Meal type: Dessert or Snack
Meal time: Anytime
- 1½ cup flour
- ¼ unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 very/over ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda or 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 rectangular baking pans, slightly buttered with some flour sprinkling
- Cake mixer
- Medium sized bowl
BAKING TIP: Before putting the dough into the oven to bake, push the dough mixture to the sides of the pan; so that the dough will rise easily in the center.
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Using a stainless steel fork; mash the bananas properly then add the raisins and cinnamon and mix
- Whisk the butter at room temperature with sugar; till they are well incorporated
- Then add the egg and whisk for about 1 minute or until smooth. Mix in the mashed banana mixture with a spoon.
- Add the flour and baking powder and whisk till the mixture is smooth.
- Divde the mixture evenly and put into the two baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out completely dry.
- Let the breads cool for about 5 minutes and serve with yogurt or ice cream.