Mango Coconut Oatmeal porridge is my latest breakfast recipe and I am loving it. Oatmeal is one of those meals you can’t get tired of; it’s also filling, healthy and full of fiber which is great for digestion. I enjoying taking oatmeal in different ways since I eat it very often like this Oatmeal Cinnamon Smoothie but this combination of mangoes, coconut and oatmeal tops the list for now.
The creamy coconut milk and toasted coconut flakes add an extra dimension of richness to the porridge; the sweet and slightly tart flavour of the mango gives the taste a well rounded conclusion. It’s a meal that wakes you up and makes you delighted to start your day. It’s really easy and simple to make, if you don’t have liquid milk you can also use powered milk at the end (I cheat and use both;). So let me introduce you to another pleasant breakfast recipe.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 4 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
Total time: 12 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal
Meal time: Breakfast
MANGO COCONUT OATMEAL PORRIDGE RECIPE
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups water or liquid milk (coconut or cow)
- 2 heaped tablespoons powdered milk, if you’re not using liquid milk, add at the end
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1 large mango, seeded and cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons coconut flakes, toasted
- Add water and stir in oats into a small saucepan; cook on medium high heat for 8 mins.
- Serve oats in a bowl, Mix in honey or sugar; also add powered milk at this point if you didn’t use liquid milk.
- Layer 1/2 portion mango cubes and top with 2 tablespoon of toasted coconut flakes on each one of the 2 plates of porridge.
Enjoy the creaminess and tastefully exotic flavour of this dish.