Hello my people.
The weekend is here and I’d like to share this simple open-face avocado egg sandwich recipe that I enjoy with you. Avocados and as we call them “pear” in Nigeria are one of the heavily packed nutrient foods that are great for a healthy eater. They work great as a spread on bread or a dip for plantain chips.
I love that this recipe is really easy to make and pretty quick. It’s a great quick to go breakfast or even light dinner; if you’re not in the frying mood, then you can also boil the eggs, chop them up and in with the avocado salad alternatively. You could also beat the eggs and make an omelette if that’s easier for you to make instead of the sunny side up version.
I hope you enjoy it as much I did. Top it off with a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice and you’re good to go.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Meal type: Main Meal
Meal time: Breakfast
AVOCADO EGG SANDWICH RECIPE
- 1 ripe avocado pear
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lemon juice
- 2 slices of bread
- Diced tomato, for garnishing
- Lightly grease small frying pan; break one egg and fry sunny side up style. Repeat process for second egg. Set eggs aside.
- In a small bowl, mash avocado using a fork; squirt lemon juice over the mash. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toast bread slices; and roll out with a rolling pin, cut the edges.
- Using a knife, spread avocado over both slices; lay fried eggs on each slice, season with some extra salt and garnish with tomato and lemon slices.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with orange juice.