Orange scentleaf chicken is a simple recipe I made with one of my favourite marinade recipes. You can find the recipe here. You can use either scent leaves or basil leaves; I have made the recipe with both and I enjoyed it. I used chicken breasts for this recipe, so I did not marinate the chicken for long, but If you use any chicken part with bones, you might want to marinate the meat a bit longer, at least 30 minutes to allow the flavours really enter the chicken.
So here’s my simple version. Enjoy.
- 2 chicken breast pieces (you can use any other part)
- 1/2 cup of my orange basil or scent leaf marinade
- 6 -8 basil or scent leaves, chopped or whole
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Marinate the chicken in the orange basil marinade for at least 15 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and extra scent leaves or basil leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Serve with carbs of your choice.