This Pawpaw Orange Smoothie makes a very delightful drink; the sweetness of the ripe pawpaw and citrusy flavour of the orange juice with just enough chill makes your tastebuds and ultimately your tummy cells leap for joy:)
Since pawpaw is a staple and common Nigerian fruit,it is nice to add it on as feature smoothie ingredient.By the way, it is also packed with a number of health benefits especially known for its ability to help digestion and relieve constipation troubles.
Though pawpaw wasn’t one of my favorite fruits growing up; I’m now glad that my eyes have been opened to the beautiful benefits that can be gotten from consuming this fruit.In a future post, I’ll write a short profile for the Pawpaw fruit.
For know why don’t you try this recipe and enjoy the goodness for yourself.I added a bit of lime juice to give some zing to all that sweetness.
Yields: 1-2 cups
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time:2 minutes
Total time:2 minutes
Meal type: Smoothie, Drink
Meal time: Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
PAWPAW ORANGE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 2 cups of pawpaw, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice, optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend for about 15 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve right away or chill in the fridge, if you didn’t use already cold fruits.