Welcome to March, Spring is just around the corner and I’m really looking forward to warmer and longer days.
However, though some of us in Canada here are counting down to Spring; I hear that the heat in Nigeria is on another level this season. So I feel that today’s recipe will come in handy for our blog followers in Nigeria. It is a smoothie recipe that I recently discovered and have added to my top 10 favorite summer drinks. It is very light and the sweetness of the pineapples and tangy flavour of the mint leaves give this smoothie a well rounded balance of sweetness and zing.
For our blog family in Nigeria, you can find mint leaves in the local market, it is called Na’a naa by hausa vendors. So I hope you enjoy making and drinking this smoothie as much as i do.:)
Pineapple Banana Mint Smoothie
A refreshing smoothie bursting with sweetness and freshness!!!
Write a review
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen pineapple - I used fresh pineapple
- 1 medium ripe banana - use a riper banana for a sweeter smoothie
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2-3 ice cubes - if you're using frozen pineapple then you don't need to use the ice cubes
- Place the water, pineapple, banana, mint leaves and honey into a blender.
- Blend contents until smooth for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Pour into a glass and drink.
Kauna Kitchen http://www.kaunakitchen.com/