Good morning my faithful blog readers, I hope your weekend is getting off to a good start. So here’s another smoothie recipe of mine. It has got a lot of sweetness and zest to it and is great drink to start your day with.I call it “Island Breeze” because the sweet taste and colour combination makes me desire that Island vacation that I still earnestly dream of…sitting by the beach, the ocean breeze, the smell of the water….Well, before I keep on daydreaming, let me get on to the recipe:
By the way, smoothies are also great combos when eaten with small chops like chin chin etc.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tangerine/clementine
- I cup pineapple (chopped into 1 inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 -3/4 cup water (depending on the consistency that you desire)
- A blender
- 2 glass cups
- Peel off the banana skin and chop it into bite-size chunks
- Peel off the skin of the tangerine; take out the seeds. (Make sure you remove all the seeds because the seeds contain hydrocyanic acid (aka. hydrogen cyanide), which can give the smoothie a bitter taste and be toxic in high doses) OR you could also use freshly squeezed tangerine juice in place of the whole tangerine
- Toss the banana and pineapple chunks,tangerine, and almonds into the blender
- Using a measuring cup, pour in the amount of cold water or milk that you want. The amount of liquid you add will depend on the consistency you desire.(If you are using yogurt or ice cream, you can add them at this point)
- Cover the blender with the lid and then turn it on. Let it blend for about 30 seconds or until the blend looks nice and smooth.To check, turn off the blender, and stir the blend with a spoon.
- Pour into a glass cup and enjoy this tasty and awakening smoothie
To add some crunch, throw in some nuts like peanuts, almonds, or cashews.
Here are other smoothie recipes you might like: