This quick dessert ginger yogurt sauce was something I came across on Martha Stewart’s site. I really loved it especially after I tried it for myself. You can actually try it on any fruit you like or even combine fruits; then it would be more like a fruit salad with sauce. I enjoyed the way the tartness of the ginger combines with the sweetness of the pineapple. You could pair the ginger yogurt sauce with other sweet fruits like mangoes, apples and pears.
Have a beautiful Saturday and look forward to our dessert recipe for tomorrow.
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Meal type: Dessert, Breakfast
Meal time: Anytime
Country/Region: Nigeria, African
Adapted: Martha Stewart
- 1 pineapple, pared, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cashews or nuts of choice (optional)
- Place ginger in a fine-mesh sieve set over a small bowl. Press to release juice or use a garlic crusher to crush ginger and release juice, (you should have 1 to 2 teaspoons); discard pulp.
- Add yogurt and honey to bowl; mix to combine. (To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.)
- To serve, divide pineapple among four to 6 serving plates; top with sauce and, if desired, cashews or any other nut you like.