Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Meal type: Salad, Main dish/Side dish
Meal time: Anytime
Country/Region: North American
- 4 medium sized Irish potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 of a red onion (finely diced)
- 1/2 a can of sweet corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, e.g. dill or basil
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise ( I prefer the Helliman’s brand)
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime, lemon, or white wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Bacon bits, a handful
- In a medium sized pot, boil the potato cubes till they are cooked; about 10 to 15 minutes (make sure the potato is not too soft; they should be firm enough so that they don’t break up when mixing the salad).Drain the water from the potato cubes and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl; combine the red onions, bell pepper,sweet corn,and dill; add the potato cubes and lightly mix everything together
- To make the salad dressing; in a small bowl, add the dill or basil, mayonnaise,mustard,lime or vinegar,olive oil, black pepper, and salt; mix well.
- Add the dressing to the potato & vegetable mix; stir lightly till well incorporated.Sprinkle the bacon bits on the sald.
- Cover the salad with a lid or foil; refrigerate for about 10 minutes and serve.