My sister enjoys making smoothies as much as I do and she recently gave me this really helpful idea-“making smoothie packs”.
A smoothie pack is simply a bag or bowl of small pieces of clean and fresh fruits stored in the freezer until you are ready to make a smoothie.
This is very helpful If you smoothies are part of your everyday diet; it saves on time and the frozen fruits give you a really tasty and cold smoothie. You can buy your fruits over the weekend and prepare your packs in advance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 or more different types of fruits
- A sharp knife
- Ziploc bags (small or medium sized)
- Gather the fruits you will be using; prepare and clean them accordingly
- Cut the fruits into smaller pieces
- Put the fruit pieces into ziploc bags; you can put a combination of different fruits into each ziploc bag or just put only one kind of fruit in each bag.
- Place in the freezer and make your smoothies when ready.
Here are some smoothie recipes you can try: