Hello blog family. In today’s post I’m sharing my simple salad dressing recipe with you. I no longer buy salad dressing to use at home; ever since learning how to make my own from cooking school. I tried different variations using different ingredients such as honey, brown sugar, hot pepper, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, fresh herbs like basil, scent leaf, parsley etc
However today’s recipe is my most basic. I use it on my lazy days or when I’m not craving anything extraordinary. It goes really well with Mixed Greens and my signature Cucumber Apple Salad but you can use it with almost any salad combo you prefer.
So without much yapping, here’s my recipe.
For visual learners, here’s the VIDEO RECIPE
Yields: 3/4 cup
Recipe level: Easy
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
Meal type: Dressing, Vinaigrette
Meal time: Anytime
SIMPLE SALAD DRESSING RECIPE
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 to 2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice and honey in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour into a jar; shake well before using.
Enjoy with mixed greens, coleslaw, or my Cucumber Apple Salad.