Pork isn’t something that I eat regularly and one of the reason is that of all the animal proteins, it takes the longest to digest.So my suggestion is try to have pork only for breakfast or lunch so that it would be completely digested before you go to bed. Apart from the long digestion time, pork contains nutrients such as B Vitamins and Zinc which is great for pregnancy and adolescent growth. It is also a lean meat and high in protein. Oh, and if you’re running low on cash, pork is one of the cheapest meats.
This is the first pork recipe I have on the blog, though I have made a few pork dishes in the past.I decided to use common Nigerian ingredients to make this and it turned out really good. My husband and I had it with some rice on our little beach excursion last Friday.
I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as we did. You can always substitute the pork for beef if you prefer.
Serves: 4-6 cups
Recipe level: Easy
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cook time:20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Meal type: Side Dish
Meal time: Lunch or Dinner
Recipe Source : Kauna Kitchen
STIR FRY TOMATO PORK CHOPS RECIPE
- 1 pound of pork chops (10-12 pieces)
- 1/4 bulb of onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1-2 hot peppers e.g.scotch bonnet, jalapeno etc
- 2 garlic cloves
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, optional
- Salt, to taste
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 3-4 cabbage leaves, finely sliced
- Blend the onion, tomato, 2 garlic cloves, ginger, pepper, and seasoning cubes and pour over your pork chops.
- Marinate for at least an hour or more if you have time.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan on medium heat; add the marinated pork with some of the marinade and brown pork on both sides.
- Turn heat down; add the remaining marinade and cook pork.
- Add water or broth if sauce is drying up; add the soy sauce.
- Finally add the sliced cabbage and green bell pepper; stir properly.Cook for about 1 min and turn off heat immediately so vegetables stay crunchy.
Serve pork chops with sides like rice, pasta etc