(Please note that I always use a banana as the base for all my smoothie recipes, so every other fruit is an addition)
Ok guys. so summer has been her for a while and it brought the heat along with it. We all know that with the heat, comes potential dehydration and nothing can quench our thirst like water. However, sometimes natural fruit juices and smoothies can also quench our thirst almost as good as water.
I had this watermelon smoothie recently and I loved it. It is so refreshing and the combination of banana, apple and watermelon gives the smoothie a sweet,velvety, and refreshing taste. (This is also a great smoothie for babies and children, you could blend just the watermelon and banana).
I hope you this smoothie as much as I do:
- 1 ripe banana (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 1 apple (cored and cut into chunks)
- 1-2 cups watermelon (peeled and cut into chunks)
- Cold liquid base e.g. water, almond or soy milk, optional
However, please note that I did not use any liquid for this smoothie, because there is enough water in the watermelon already.If you do choose to add water; the smoothie might be too watery.
( There was a time when I used to put yogurt in my smoothies, but I now prefer using water alone, because it is healthier and tastes much fresher in my opinion. I find that the fruits have enough natural sugar in them already, so my smoothies still taste sweet especially with ripe fruits. Soy or almond milk are also healthier options than cow milk)
- A blender
- 2 glass cups
- Add the watermelon chunks into you blender and blend for about 10 seconds (This would release enough water for you to then add the harder fruits, so as not to spoil your blender)
- Add the apple and banana chunks into the watermelon puree and blend for another 15-20 seconds or until the blend looks nice and smooth.To check, turn off the blender, and stir the blend with a spoon.
- Pour into a glass cup and enjoy your delicious smoothie.
- To add some crunch, throw in some nuts like peanuts, almonds, or cashews
Here are other smoothie recipes you might like: